Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

You've got me shaking from the way you're talking My heart is breaking but there's no use crying. Sarcasm, by Get Scared

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - iifearzz
iifearzz
Hair dye over highlights. Help :3 Dec 30 2011, 08:39 PM
I currently have dark brown hair with red highlights, I am dying it black tomorrow night and I heard dying over highlights can be bad (colour wise), but since black is a dark color will it turn out strange or not? :3

Replies

Emo Pictures - hugs
hugs
Dec 31 2011, 03:46 AM
I had purple highlights in my hair and then I dyed over them with a black dye and I ended up with blonde patches in my hair, but I dunno if it was just the way I dyed it or what :S
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Dec 31 2011, 09:25 AM
I had some blonde highlights and dyed all my hair black, but it ended up having hints of green and red in it as well strangely..
Duskdiamond
Dec 31 2011, 10:13 AM
Well, for dying hair black is the safest color there is. It normally can't really go wrong , but still you're right that dying over highlights is pretty risky. If you want to be completely safe, don't do it yourself but let a hairstylist do it. :3 If you are doing it yourself, just leave the black dye that covers the highlights in longer than for the rest of your hair. Like 10/15 minutes should work, depending on wether your hair's really bright red or more of auburn-like red. Hope this helps, and goodluck!^^
Emo Pictures - iifearzz
iifearzz
Dec 31 2011, 02:15 PM
Roughly the same color highlights My highlights are close to that color, I should mention I did not buy the boxes stuff, I went to a salon and got hair coloring cream and hydrogen peroxide there, My stepmother who has dyed her own hair before is doing it.
Duskdiamond
Jan 02 2012, 03:51 PM
That looks pretty awesome, shame you're going to get rid of it! Anyway, I think leaving the dye in 10 minutes longer than for the rest of your hair should be more than enough to get the colour nice and even! I'd suggest you dye the highlights first, then wrap the locks of hair tightly in aluminium foil, so that when you rinse the rest of your hair, the dye on the highlights won't get washed away yet.^^
Emo Pictures - iifearzz
iifearzz
Jan 03 2012, 05:22 AM
I had too for school, I actually Dyed it earlier today and left the Dye in the same time all around, It came out Great :), Thanks for the info tho :D

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More