Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Tragedienne of heavens Watching the eyes of the night Stargazers, by Nightwish

Emo Forums » Feedback (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Use This Section For Feedback Relating To The Site Jun 24 2008, 12:05 PM
Problems with www.soEmo.co.uk? Love the site? Suggestions?

Coming Soon / To Do List - not in order & not for sure!

Improved Notifications
Groups
Polls
Layout Improvements
Usability Improvements
Complete New Design!
User Blog/Journal
Chat Feature
Correct Site Times Worldwide
Top Friends

As well as all the above there is on-going Promotion and Coding Improvements.

Replies

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 02 2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks Gaz.

Anyway the Online HTML Form Editors have now been completed.
It is now easier to add/format content on relevant areas for extended user input such as forum posts and profile comments.

It was a tough decision because I'm not one for massive unreadable pink text, but I feel the balance between personalisation and usability is fine. Furthermore it will fit in better when the complete new site design has been done.

You can still enter your own html coding by clicking "View Source". The only issue is that Flash files and videos won't show up in the editor. If available click the full preview button to see exactly how your content will look. However it's still a lot more user friendly that a standard textarea for html coding alone.

The enriched input areas require JavaScript however standard textareas are shown to those with this disabled.

It was a bit of a pain but the editors also allow you to edit your previous content stored in the database without any formatting problems.
Finally security aspects have been taken into account.

I would really appreciate your feedback on this feature as it's a big move I put off a few months ago. There are still a few tweaks to be done as well.

Also your profile picture limit has been doubled from 50-100.

As mentioned above the next things to be worked on in no particular order are:
User Blogs
Improved notifications system rather than just email notifications
Complete new design.
selfhater
Jan 02 2009, 04:03 PM

well done matt, you doin a good job. yer, the text thing is good. i too dislike unreadable text. it bugs me.

also, can you put the main forums in alphabetical order?

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 03 2009, 05:18 AM
The forum sections have been put it that specific order which I feel is best.

As expected I'm unsure on letting users change the text colour and background colour. Maybe I shouldn't be so fussy.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 11 2009, 01:03 PM
I have limited the text sizes now on the editors to small, medium and large because stupidly large or small fonts are messy or unreadable.

Font sizes might be removed altogether besides when editing your profiles. Anyone feel this is a good decision?
victhevamp
Jan 12 2009, 09:38 AM
hmmm id just stick with small medium and large font, i dont like the background colour thingy
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 26 2009, 02:45 PM
The email notifications have been improved which will certainly please some members that exchange lots of comments/messages!

Rather than just being to enable/disable all email notifications you can now enable/disable comment and message notifications individually.

Pic comment and friend request notifications cannot be disabled at present for usability reasons.
SomeMorbidKid
Jan 27 2009, 03:47 AM
Yay! Thankyou muchly Matt *hugs*
shepardosdemon
Jan 27 2009, 02:36 PM
Yay Matt Woo *manly hugs and high fives*

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 20 2009, 10:17 AM
Just to let everyone know the new site is coming on well and I hope you all like it.

The design is all sorted but different layouts have to be constructed for each of the different templates.
Plus I am improving the coding and adding extras at the same time.

I'd estimate it will be live by the end of next month. Sadly things take a while as I work full time as well, but I do my best :]

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 10 2009, 05:19 PM
Things are taking longer than expected with the new site as Web development is annoying in that you can always improve your coding/features if you are coding from scratch...

Anyway it's about 60% done.

Are many people bothered about being able to add images to separate galleries? I am developing a system on another personal site and might use it on here..
victhevamp
Mar 19 2009, 11:33 AM
hmmm im not too bothered really about it, if you had like 300+ images id say make gallieries but with 100 or less theres really no need xxxx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 28 2009, 09:26 AM
The new site is going well and it will be quite a shock to some as it looks totally different plus things will be more uniform and strict. Think Facebook rather than Myspace.
Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
Apr 09 2009, 01:24 AM
oh i see well youir are really fantastic matt well done hunni
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Apr 11 2009, 06:30 AM
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 21 2009, 08:08 AM
So anything you do not like about the site? I know there have been some suggestions for new things which will be looked at in time, but any little niggles you have with the site at the moment? Of course there is still lots of improvements on my own list like better notifications, etc.
victhevamp
Aug 10 2009, 02:40 PM
just thought how about a think so you can qoute what people have said on the form for example... person 1 comment on fourm...hello my name is lalalala person 2 comment on fourm..."hello my name"...hey :D xxxx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 10 2009, 04:49 PM
Yea good idea, but on a car forum I'm on it can be really annoying as people quote the same massive posts numerous times.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More