Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Is there anything I can do to prove myself to you? Ghost, by To Paint The Sky

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - OurAndy
OurAndy
Acknowledging / Interacting with other Emo's you don't know. Jun 05 2008, 10:25 AM
Hey all, I was wandering if when you see other Emo type people that you don't know, do you acknowledge them e.g. say hey, nod, stop and talk to them etc? I always say hey if I bump into Emo's that I don't know, sometimes stop for a chat, ask how it's going etc. I'm not saying if I see them at the other side of the street I go rushing over just to say hey, but if I see an Emo walking towards me, on the same route as me etc I do say hey. Most in my experience say hey back, and quite a few times some have stopped and we've had a brief chat. As well I have found that quite a few Emo's will say hi to me as well in passing. Anyone else do this?

Replies

Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 05 2008, 12:55 PM
Well....I wish I did but argh! Sounds so...embarrassing. There has been times I've put my thumb up or said things to other people/emos that I don't know, but to cute emo boys? No chance! Hmm maybe I should start trying it :]
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 05 2008, 03:16 PM
You should Tantra but to be fair not everyone including 'emo's' are that friendly. So many people are so caught up in their own lives to make the effort..
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 05 2008, 03:33 PM
Hmm there is that I suppose... Way to change my mind :P
victhevamp
Jun 06 2008, 04:27 AM
hmmm carnt say that ive ever done this myself but i do get what you mean, if you see someone who is dressed similar to you or you can tell into similar stuff you do seem more likely to talk to them or acknowledge them rather than someone else like a chav for example, guess its just a comfort thing in seing someone else who could like the same things as you
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 06 2008, 06:21 AM
Like this site...only in person :P
Emo Pictures - OurAndy
OurAndy
Jun 06 2008, 12:26 PM
Haha, hmmm right so it's looking like it's just me who goes around talking to random people that I don't know, ok! *Andy thinks he may have a new career selling 'Big Issue' in that case* :P I actually find that the Emo's in Sheffield are pretty friendly actually, there is quite a good Emo community. Maybe I'm just outgoing, friendly etc. Hehe and Tantra when it comes to cute Emo boys, conversation isn't usually the most important thing on my mind. :P
SomeMorbidKid
Jun 06 2008, 12:40 PM
i dont do it often, but sometimes when i see an emo I'll smile and nod.. haha ^-^
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 07 2008, 12:20 PM
Although I do get a few stares from emo/alternative people. I hate it though, don't know where to look. There was this really bad one in Tesco's once. The two guys were at the end (self-paying) cashiers etc, and we had just turned out from the cola coke isle etc, so as we were walking down, they were staring the whole time. Must have been a good thirty seconds, hated it :P Hmmm, ooh Andy, I bet it is :P As for the 'Big Issue'. Them people scare me - ha-ha.
Emo Pictures - Scarlett_Ox
Scarlett_Ox
Jun 07 2008, 02:07 PM
Smile at them :L
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 08 2008, 02:43 PM
Who, the Big Issue tramps? :P
Emo Pictures - OurAndy
OurAndy
Jun 10 2008, 09:59 AM
Oh thank god it's not just me who smiles/nods/speaks to other Emo's :D Thanks Roxi, Scarlett_Ox & xlil_emo_mex. Awww Tantra baby girl, sorry to hear you hate it, I get that it's not great being stared at, but maybe they just saw you was an Emo and thought you looked cool. :) x
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 10 2008, 01:25 PM
Emo/scene etc people can either be friendly and want to talk, shy and reserved or think they're too good to talk. Like anyone really I guess. At a recent gig the extent to which the others check you out and compare is a bit silly in my opinion though.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 11 2008, 07:36 AM
Andy: Well it's not that I don't like being stared at, well I do ish but you get what I mean. If a 'chav' or a stuck up elderly couple stare I just brush it off and I'm glad they notice I'm not a sheep like the majority of people. But when another 'emo' or someone similar stares, it's embarrassing. I'm sure it's the same when a gay dude stares at you Andy - so I'll just compare it to that :D
shepardosdemon
Jun 11 2008, 03:51 PM
I dont really talk to other emos alot but i will acknowledge them and catch there eye :S I would talk if they started but im too shy to start. But saying that I dont really see many emos where i live and go to college :S
hawthornemidnight
Jun 12 2008, 10:52 AM
for me to see another person that is emo that i don't know is like rare--hello most people can't even find utah on a map--so when i do i uasualy smile say hey. but then it matters if i'm in my hometown of under 500 people in my high school--and we only have one high school--than it more of wow did you just move here or what. but if i'm visiting denver or salt lake it usually just a smile or something small.
Emo Pictures - Carius
Carius
Jun 21 2008, 09:34 AM
Scary thing talking to strangers you're passing by really.. I dislike of that generally, but whenever I see emo/punk people I tend to give them a (small) gentle smile if I get eye contact with them, or else I don't to anything.
Emo Pictures - poetryxisxmyxsheild
poetryxisxmyxsheild
Jun 30 2008, 11:06 AM
theres not very many emos were i live but if i do see one i show them i notice them dont always say hi wish i did sometimes tho...
Emo Pictures - frankiiee
frankiiee
Jul 05 2008, 08:48 AM
there are NO HOT EMOS where i live. yea so there are a few but mostly girls or completely weird boys. i dont really talk to the few that are around because im naturally shy but if im with someone who knows them and they start talking then i can usually work up the courage to say something. i think eyeing them up from a distance is a lot easier lmao
Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Jul 06 2008, 06:27 AM
I live in the middle of no where really...at school theres only 3 emos out of about 580 students. I noramlly bump into a lot when i am shopping though. i smile and sometimes say heyy, depends what mood i'm in and whether they look like they shall eat meeeeee lol i do tend to interact with us emoers though =) XoXoX
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 06 2008, 08:17 AM
Eat you haha. Some people are kind of scary I guess..

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More