Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Estou aqui pra dizer que eu jamais Imaginei te ver sofrendo assim Te ver chorar vai me fazer sofrer ainda mais Estou aqui pra dizer que eu jamais Quis te ver assim E escrever aqui Tudo o que senti Daqui Pra Frente, by Nx Zero

Emo Forums » Newbies (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Carius
Carius
Where Are You From? How Many Languages Do You Speak? Jun 21 2008, 10:21 AM
I thought we could have a topic about where you are from, where you live and how many languages you speak? As this is an open forum, people can know several languages and perhaps they could learn others a little? I'm from Norway (North in Europe xD), and I speak Norwegian and English, oh and SOME German ;p Norwegian - English - German examples - Jeg heter Carrie og jeg er seksten gammel. Jeg kommer fra Norge - My name is Carrie and I'm sixteen year old. I come from Norway - Ich Heisse Carrie und ich bin Sechzehn Jahre Alt. Ich komme aus Norwegen

Replies

Jun 21 2008, 03:50 PM
I live in the same country AND the same city as Carius ;P Oslo, Norway ;P Languages; Norwegian and English mostly, and a few words German xD
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 22 2008, 09:21 AM
Most of those here with English as their second language speak it very well I have to say.
Emo Pictures - Carius
Carius
Jun 22 2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks ^^ I've been quite active on English forums since 2006, and I love to read English books :P I don't know, just something about me that gets really tired of Norwegian all day long xP
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 22 2008, 12:18 PM
A lot of people whose first language is English do not speak it that well. They shorten words and use poor grammer. This is mainly just to save time I guess and a habit. Out of interest have you noticed this compared to the proper English used in books?
Emo Pictures - Carius
Carius
Jun 22 2008, 12:38 PM
Oh yes! Those who speak English every day has that horrible habbit of shortening words and it doesn't really make it easy on the rest of us either.. You'll have to write back to them asking what they meant by that word, like me yesterday with the shortened word -dw (do not worry). Though on some of the forums I've been a member on, there was a rule not to use shortened words as well as there was a list over some words that was all right, such as lol.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 22 2008, 01:22 PM
Well myself and a number of others still use proper English so don't worry :]
Emo Pictures - Carius
Carius
Jun 22 2008, 01:33 PM
Hehe, I can see that and it's a lot more easier for us non-English people to understand as well xD When I think about it, many of my friends has stopped using the shortened words and uses the proper language, leaving it to those under age 15 to use shortened words xD Something like that xD
Emo Pictures - poetryxisxmyxsheild
poetryxisxmyxsheild
Jun 24 2008, 01:32 AM
erm...im english and i speak english lol
Emo Pictures - Carius
Carius
Jun 24 2008, 06:26 AM
poetryxisxmyxsheild: You have no second language??
Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Jun 24 2008, 12:13 PM
I'm From England =D [woo?] Speak English [yay?] Bit Of Spanish [I'm Smart] Some French [if i can remember it] And some German [woo!] But most of that isn't usefull. Went to France and spoke no english at all =) yay! =D xoxox
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 24 2008, 12:22 PM
Well when I was an school back in the day the foreign languages we were taught were French and German. I can only remember a bit of French now though.
Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Jun 24 2008, 12:24 PM
half our year had to take german [i was one of them =(] the other had to take french. Then last year we did a year of the language we didn't take and spanish. Then we can drop them after that if we wanted. Decided not to do a language for gcse lol
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 24 2008, 12:48 PM
Argh we had to do French or German as a GCSE. I did fine though :]
Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Jun 24 2008, 12:59 PM
I can barely talk english lol. one language is enough for me. the boy next to me in german used to fancy me so he let me copy his work....i feel really bad for doing that now lol
victhevamp
Jun 24 2008, 03:21 PM
I can barely talk english LOL :D im just speak english and did a bit of spanish at school although the only thing i can remeber is the spanish for a seal which is foca.....hmmmm wonder why i remembered that word :P lol
Jun 24 2008, 10:07 PM
Hmm... I Wonder if anyone can guess where im from?? Its not England Lol I Only speak English tho... And the smallest bit of french :)
Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Jun 25 2008, 07:48 AM
hhhmmm... i am going to take a random guess and say somewhere hot. Africa? oorrr...france? xoxox
Emo Pictures - poetryxisxmyxsheild
poetryxisxmyxsheild
Jun 25 2008, 08:54 AM
Carius i was taught franch and german but i suck at Languages and i only no a few words and i dunno if thats counted as a second Language...
Emo Pictures - Carius
Carius
Jun 25 2008, 09:32 AM
^ Ooh, I see.. Guess that doesn't really count as a second language xP
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 26 2008, 07:34 AM
It's the same here for me too. There was only a choice between German and French in the first three years. Then from the last two years you could also decide to take Spanish if you wished. I did like French, was just a shame I couldn't speak it as well as I could when I studied German. My friend Evie (Sugar_Cane)takes Japanese at her school. Gah she's so lucky! >_< So yeah, just English and a bit of French and German really.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More