Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

There\'s nothing here to take for granted with each breath that we take the hands of time strip youth from our bodies And we fade memories remain as time goes on Unbound (the wild ride), by Avenged Sevenfold

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
What is emo truly? Oct 18 2008, 05:40 PM
I know that emo means emotional or something,but what does that pertain to?The way you dress?Or does it matter how you dress?Most people say that it is the way you dress.But I was told that it means that you cut yourself.So does it?Or is it a state of mind? Help me please.I am so confused!

Replies

MiZZCRAZi
Oct 18 2008, 06:45 PM
its not how u dress its how u are inside there are ppl who dress emo but dun cut there self there are ppl dat dress regular,preppy,skater and even girly who do cut them self so how u dress does not mean ur emo
Emo Pictures - WitherdRose
WitherdRose
Oct 19 2008, 07:16 AM
emo i still don't know fully the meaning due to the fact that emo is different to everyone, But realy it means someone who is emotional; when they are sad or upset or angry they let that feeling out with somesort of outlet ( music, cutting ect) there clothes are not always black they wear colour
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 19 2008, 02:59 PM
So much confusion out there. Have you read the "What is Emo" page on soEmo.co.uk?
WitherdRose
Oct 19 2008, 11:17 PM
yeah but i think everyone has a different thought on 'emo'
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 20 2008, 12:52 PM
They do that was just my thoughts mixed with other research. The debate will go on and on more than a lot of other subcultures.
WitherdRose
Oct 20 2008, 11:23 PM
tell me abou tit but i think the longer it goes on the more away people go from the base of emo
Oct 21 2008, 09:33 AM
emo is not more than music i know what i'm talking from when i go through the streets and see them little "emo"kids
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 22 2008, 02:12 PM
Emo was just about the music but it evolved into a whole subculture. Crazy I know..
Emo Pictures - AcousticVaila
AcousticVaila
Nov 21 2008, 10:33 PM
In a nutshell, there's two different types of emo. The emo the public think of (people who cut themselves) And the Emo we think (everyone has a different view, mine's personally being more sensetive to certain things/ emotions, and into emo music. That and an unusual dressing style) I don't think it's 1 opinion, it's really open for debate.
selfhater
Nov 22 2008, 04:53 AM
you can be emo without knowing it too.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More