Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

i wish you would go away,i wish you would die. and yet i want you to stay. help me to live and not die.i am not normal,dont expect me to be.i want you to take the pain away. die, by faith carman schreckengast

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Seriously: What kind of Emo are you? Nov 28 2008, 10:55 AM
So many kids these days say they are Emo, not knowing what it really means. We had a big discussion about this lately as we held a quiet big symposium last week in Iceland, discussing the emo roots. Conclusion: I'd say I'm most likely a "Teardrop Emo". I think this describes myself the best. I also did a small joke and said I wished I lived in Greenland, so I could be an Esk-Emo. Everybody laughed. That made me sad. :-( What about you?

Replies

Emo Pictures - shallow_believer
shallow_believer
Nov 29 2008, 08:57 AM
A very shy-emo but I always tell to myself that im different from others Im special and unique but, I still feel very hopeless and no one wants to be my friend so I try not to talk to others because If I try to talk they will think that I just don't fit in our society.
fallinkid
Nov 30 2008, 04:16 AM
+1
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 30 2008, 04:54 PM
I'm sure the 'right' people would want to be your friend..
Emo Pictures - rawrrsauce
rawrrsauce
Nov 30 2008, 09:37 PM
im a musical emo :D. i NEED music or ill die.. but peoples at school dont think im emo because im too "happy." it makes me sad *tear
CHRIS_POPCORE
Nov 30 2008, 10:46 PM
In my opinion u r emo, if ur social scene tells u so. For example, u just can't be emokid, when everyone thinks that u r hip-hop head XD or in simple words ppl show u who u r. u r emo if ppl think that u r emo , no matter how u look, or what u listen.
victhevamp
Dec 01 2008, 12:45 PM
what types of emo are there? :S
Emo Pictures - Scared-Ust
Scared-Ust
Dec 01 2008, 06:18 PM
i don't like to cry.when i was a kid,i like to cry in my bedroom.. when i was getting older,i don't want to tell anyone bout my prob.i like to keep itself.i have a family prob but im not that bad as people say bout me.. im just doing my own things.i luv being luv but somehow luv really hurt me..world is not beautiful as i though. so,what kind of emo am i??
Emo Pictures - prency_prep
prency_prep
Dec 02 2008, 03:31 AM
hm, difficult. . .i mean (and it pains me to do so) to quote little britain "im the only emo on campus" lol well yeah i cry, yeah i fester feelings, i love music, i love art and poetry, i tick all the standard boxes . . to me though, it takes a person of a certain disposition to be emo, you cant just wake up and say, you know what? im gonna be emo . .. most people i know who are are intelligent and quirky so i guess thats something of a trait? i dunno
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Dec 03 2008, 09:49 AM
"most people i know who are are intelligent and quirky so i guess thats something of a trait? i dunno" - that is known to be a trait and you have just proved it :] I'm not sure why though? Maybe 'emos' spend more time learning new things and take more notice of the world around them. Also haha quoting Little Britain. Love that!
Feb 22 2009, 02:28 AM

What exactly are these "types" of emos?

Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Mar 04 2009, 07:40 AM
I'd make up a completely new race of emos and call them "the things" =) Mainly cus, i like to be diffrent from everyone else
xFly_On_Paper_Wingsx
Mar 04 2009, 09:03 PM
lmao ooohhh I wanna be part of "the things".. Sounds cool.. XD

I am a... err.... happy, fun emo I guess.. I dunno.. I never had a moment where I thought... ohhh you know what, I like the way those guys dress and I kinda like the music.. I am gonna be emo! The music came years before (not so much emo as post hardcore/metalcore/hardcore).. The hair came partly because I was fascinated with the asymetric styles as they reminded me so much of manga/anime styles and I was already obsessed with dying my hair so I spent two years growing it out and then got it chopped into this style.. The clothes are just what I feel good in..The nail varnish came next and the guyliner last as I dunno.. they really finished the look off.. I am obsessed with makeup and accessories now though lmao
Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Mar 05 2009, 01:36 PM
We shall be the two things in that case =) Thing one and thing two. Go us
xFly_On_Paper_Wingsx
Mar 06 2009, 06:42 PM
Woooo go us *does ghetto flick thing* XD Can I be Thing 2? I can call myself Thing 2 Cling 2 then lmao
symponika
Mar 11 2009, 05:12 AM
 i just can't make myself  believe that i'm emo because i do believe that emo is just for a person who has a band under emo genre....
 i'm not an emo person but i'm into emo music...

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 12 2009, 08:23 AM
Yea I have always said that it's pretty confusing calling someone 'emo'. It's better to called them someone into the 'emo scene'.
Emo Pictures - xXemomarkXx
xXemomarkXx
Mar 12 2009, 06:10 PM
i dont mine being called emo, but would be nice if it wasant put down as being a bad word like yobbo!!!!
Emo Pictures - LoveLikeCyanide
LoveLikeCyanide
Mar 17 2009, 09:03 AM
Hmmm my friends would say I'm an emo in denial...
Personally I class myself as goth, as I mostly dress 'goth' (i.e in victorian-esque clothing, but on occasion bondage) and listen mainly to 'goth' bands from the 80's (sisters of mercy,joy division, depeche mode ectect..)
But most of my friends say i'm emo wether I dress like it or not (dunno how they work that out lol)
I think it might be because I much prefer the company of emo's as opposed to other goths because most people in the gothic subculture are awfully pretentious and full of arrogance, wheras emo's generally tend to be fun and not take themselves quite so seriously, and their style rocks XD
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 18 2009, 12:36 PM
I use to hang around with some goths and some were quite pretentious, but then again I find that with those into the emo scene as well.

Oh and people I would call goth's seem to be classed as emo's now. Crazy!
Emo Pictures - LoveLikeCyanide
LoveLikeCyanide
Mar 19 2009, 12:23 AM
Yep I agree 100% it's like whitby, I love the gothic weekend, but I don't go to it as often as I used to because alot of the people there act like twats and have this whole 'I art gothier than thou'' attitude
and your right about some emo's too, I generally tend to avoid talking to most of the emo's on vampirefreaks most of them are fakes, you wouldn't believe how many people on that website use pictures of Alex Evans...

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More