Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I would die just to live, and yet we all live to die Higinia, by Blessthefall

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Do your parents know what 'emo' means? Jan 23 2009, 07:33 AM
Just interested if any of your parents understand what 'emo' is at all? If so what is their understanding of this confusing term?

Replies

SomeMorbidKid
Jan 23 2009, 09:01 AM
Erm.... no lol he just accepts it. Doesn't listen to all the papers and that kind of thing, which is good.
shepardosdemon
Jan 23 2009, 01:15 PM

Well they dont know propely but they like comedians and alot of comedians are now doing stuff on selfharming and very stereo typical so I think they are believing comedians as oposed to the papers.

Emo Pictures - xxbury_mexx
xxbury_mexx
Jan 24 2009, 07:51 AM

Uhm.. well my mom sorta know's what it is.. Like the steryotypical stuffs.
So.. like everytime she is somewhere and i am not with her..
she's always like.. "i seen this guy today he was so emo"

Emo Pictures - just_another_emo_kid
just_another_emo_kid
Jan 25 2009, 05:07 AM
uummmm no... they dont. my dad (before he was in prison) called me a fag pretty much everyday. he always said i cut myself too. my mom's a little more eh on that subject. my dad seemed to control here thoughts.
Shaniqi
Jan 25 2009, 09:39 AM
my family thinks its just like being gothic sometimes they'll give people dirty looks and stuff I don't really pay any attention to it sometimes ill say something now they jus look at the person and think I didn see them but I still no what there thinkin towards me they don't care they no I have my own little style
Emo Pictures - Casper
Casper
Jan 25 2009, 10:16 PM

No, my mother doesn't.

Sometimes I think she isn't willing to learn, and gets annoyed when I correct her that it is a genre of music, and the fashion is emo.

Well, that is my belief of what emo and scene is, not sure what you guys think.

Emo Pictures - emo_to_the_end
emo_to_the_end
Jan 26 2009, 12:03 AM
my parents dont like it they see what people say and take it yet never care what i say about it so yeah its not a thing parents want to accept 
Jan 26 2009, 12:33 AM

Noo... They just Acsept what i am and live with it tbh :)
whats perfectly fine by me :D

Emo Pictures - just_another_emo_kid
just_another_emo_kid
Jan 26 2009, 04:07 AM
lucky bastard... lol
victhevamp
Jan 29 2009, 07:03 AM
my mum knows what it is but my dad hasnt got a clue, im sure you figured that out the other night matt lol

my mum hates piercings and tatoos tho, she didnt even like it when i got my ears done!
Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
Jan 29 2009, 12:08 PM

YES my mom does know what it is

she really gets to me when she went shopping she asked my if i was "normal" yet

well she cant say much she used to be a goth i love goths

Emo Pictures - x___Alicearaus
x___Alicearaus
Jan 30 2009, 02:23 AM
I think my mum has a tiny bit of an idea but she tends to state it by the genre of Music.

She hasn't said much about "Emo" itself she usually just asks me if "So and so band" are "Emo".

Emo Pictures - Emo_kitty
Emo_kitty
Jan 30 2009, 10:40 AM
weel no..my parents hate emos...i dont know why tho..they dont do any harm to them...they hate my frends cus they're emoT.T they judge people by how they lookT.T
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 06 2009, 10:25 AM
Hehe yea I agree ^ The aspects from the goth and punk subcultures of the past are clear in the whole recent emo scene.
CHRIS_POPCORE
Feb 07 2009, 05:31 PM
XD My parents know what "emo" means much better than almost anyone their age (and better than almost anyone of my age also XD coz I've helped em understand.
Emo Pictures - sc4rh34rt
sc4rh34rt
Feb 16 2009, 03:47 AM

this is a YES/NO question. So i answer.

NO.

haha.

Emo Pictures - ilikkeslayer666
ilikkeslayer666
Feb 19 2009, 05:46 PM
my mom knows. my dad has a clue on it based on what my mom knows. i always tell them that all the stereotypical stuff in papers and on the news is all bull. they believe when i say that. i think my parents accept well. my dad does not really understand why i were really skinny jeans but i guess most parents don't really get it either.
Emo Pictures - LifeCore
LifeCore
Feb 20 2009, 03:44 AM
Who cares they are in the past now its our the time we are the youth of today so they just should deal with being emo(even that i am not really) is problay better than being some dumb ass gangster
Mar 03 2009, 05:56 PM

I know its not parents but...

Other day one of my sisters (who's eight) comes up to and goes 'are you emo?' I ask why she says 'cos you dress weird' I then ask do you know what emo is, she replies with 'someone at school told me it means you are emotionaly disabled'

Its like oof! :/

But my other sister (who is six) loves it, she looks up to me so much and always wants me to do her make up and hair etc when she comes visit which is sweet :) she even customises her clothes.. she gonna look cool as f**k when she's grown up :D

Photo0362resize.jpg

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 04 2009, 08:46 AM
"emotionaly disabled" god that's a new one. Why are two brothers / sisters always opposites...?

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More