Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

when u feel the pain How can I say I love u back,u never made me happy. uve laid yourself to sleep! I never said this wouldnt hurt.u gave up everything! I never said Id give it back. I know! ull never change!I wont be good enough for u. Giving up, by Silverstein

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
nosy goverment Mar 25 2009, 04:30 AM

well today i have just got told that the goverment is now monitoring everything that gets said in forums so they can protect against terroism i think its just an excuse to nose into people privacy

please share your views

Replies

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 25 2009, 05:49 AM
Very nosy and I'm sure this will cost a lot of money and not even be that reliable.

A very recent article on the subject of "Social network sites 'monitored'" by the BBC
Emo Pictures - xXxChrisJWxXx
xXxChrisJWxXx
Mar 25 2009, 10:37 AM
At the moment phone call information is stored by companies, if the police or any governmental departments require this information it costs over one thousand pounds for less than twelve hours of usage. To monitor forums it would cost the tax payer several billion pounds as there are so many forums on one site alone. To store the information new government buildings would have to be commissioned and several thousand servers set up as well as several million giga bites of storage. I have a site with a forum (not really its google groups set to private) and it would cost them around twenty pound for a router to view the internet, about one hundred pounds for a computer, three pounds for electricity, and lets say six pounds for phone line rental (really cheap seems its government), that amounts to one hundread and twenty nine pounds, thats without technical support or expensive servers or even for labour to monitor the computer. It is also an invasion of privacy against our human rights: Article 5 Right to liberty Article 8 Right to privacy Article 10 Freedom of expression They are three basic human rights which would be breached to name a few, if they do start to monitor the "big sites" forums there will be a major uproar and probably several court cases. It is impractical, practically illegal and a total waste of money which can be spent better elsewhere such as the NHS, advocacy services, legal representation and even basic child care and social services. Thats my view any way XD
Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
Mar 27 2009, 03:46 AM

well some1 did their research!!!!

i didnt know all of that well looks like thew goverment will be busy then XD

xXxChrisJWxXx
Mar 28 2009, 12:37 PM
lol I don't research I just am a really keen law student XD

I so want to sew (sorry cant spell that, you know what I mean) the Government but you need their permission because of sovereign immunity >:-( but the European courts could always prosecute XD
Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
Apr 03 2009, 12:40 AM

you really are a keen law student wowee lol

i didnt even know you could even try to sue the goverment wow

you tought me some things lol

Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Apr 08 2009, 05:41 AM

Hi goverment

This country is going over the top lately XD Some websites i would understand watching but websites like this...Tbh i can't see us discussing that sort of stuff...

Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
Apr 09 2009, 12:53 AM
yes you do have a point i must admit
xXxChrisJWxXx
Apr 09 2009, 04:22 AM
Lets bring the government down XD ;-)
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Apr 09 2009, 05:31 PM
If they have the time to watch Websites like this they are incredibly sad.
xXxChrisJWxXx
Apr 13 2009, 09:25 AM
and waste of time and money
Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
Apr 16 2009, 03:00 AM
yea i know they are rather sad but if they start monitering forums wont they start monitering msn???
Apr 18 2009, 10:46 AM
haha i personaly think its pathetic tbh i mean watching forums why waste there time? if some one was plotting a terrorist attack why do it on a forum for every one to see? CRAZYNESSSSSS
Apr 18 2009, 02:01 PM

dude i heard this saying that i thought was funny: "dont steal, the government hates competition."

anyways idk about the government i think they are better at cover-ups than anything else....i mean nobody can trust the government, even being part of it- you have to watch your back. its crazy.

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Apr 19 2009, 05:34 PM
Intelligent people plotting things won't do it on a public forum. Even if they did they'd mask their identity..
Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
Apr 20 2009, 03:15 AM
yes they will mask there indentinty but they will just scan for key words i think

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More