Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Hoping for someone to come Hoping they'll bring a gun To inflict all the pain I caused upon you Drown The City, by A Skylit Drive

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
just crossed my mind about the future Jan 01 2010, 11:50 AM
here in hong kong parents can be VERY VERY (physically) strict, and the other day i saw a mum beat her kid on the streets and i was thinking.... so as the majority of ppls if not all the ppls that read this is emo and will most likely become parents in the far/near future :P do you think us being parents, we will be more understanding to our future kids? e.g. if they told you they were bi or gay, or if they grown up to fit into a subculture? will us being emo affect our children? lol, sry if its not clear, kinda hard to explain sum of my ideas sumtimes XD

Replies

LipsOfDeceit
Jan 01 2010, 12:31 PM
I think I get you xD I couldn't ever have a child in fear of hurting them in any way... Although so many people have told me that I'll understand them better I dunno, I just still can't think of it. xD I think it comes down to the person really... But sure if you were accepting/were gay/bi/whatever the you would accept of your child was and If they grow to fit into whatever you should be more accepting that that is who they are.. Do I make sense? xD
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jan 01 2010, 01:26 PM
^ lol you both make sense my dad was not into punk ,emo or anything. He never liked post hardcore rock music. But when he was in England some of his colleagues were punk, goth and he also attended several rock band concerts with those kind of friends. So he understands and accepts me being into that kind of stuff.So if someone was emo when they were young i am sure they will understand their child being in the situation.
Emo Pictures - Nick-Aotmzgin
Nick-Aotmzgin
Jan 10 2010, 03:27 AM
its a global parenthood and no i dont think as one we can control our parents! and yes we need to follow stricness, because we have no choice. and its not just in china. its a lesson i still learn and hear ' gays and lesbians are a free choice. it sappouse to be acceptable.
Emo Pictures - Eve_Eve
Eve_Eve
Jan 23 2010, 06:18 AM
When a person becomes a parent, a "parenthood" love is created between him/her and the baby, this love makes a parent almost "obsessed" with his/her son/daughter's safety, happiness and future. And through the experiences the parent had in life, he/she starts setting rules and disallowances within the family. sometimes the "parenthood love" can lead some parents to unintentioned violent or incorrect behavior or decision. If I ever became a parent, I believe that I would raise my sons/daughters the way that I believe is right and would bring them happiness and success in their future life. For example: I wouldn't allow my daughter to become a lesbian (despite the fact that I am one), because I believe that in order for her to have a happy successful normal life, she would need a caring husband (male) who loves her and takes good care of her>> so then she can share the rest of her life with him) It's not selfishness (as most people would say), it's my love and concern for her and her future life.
Emo Pictures - disaster
disaster
Jan 23 2010, 08:34 PM
you'll most likely think of me as a stupid parent in the future cuz i'll just say yes to my future kid, its pretty fine for me if he's bi/gay/whatever since there's nothin else i could do about that... all i can do is be happy with what ever choice he makes and what ever thing he does because i know that i've been like that when i was a kid. and life is actually that way.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More