Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Angel left wing,rIght wing, broken wing, lack of iron and/or sleeping DOLL STEEAAAAAK!!! TEST MEAATT!!!! Look on the bright side is suicide, lost eye site I'm in your side! Milk It, by Nirvana

Emo Forums » Feedback (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
NING Social Networks No Longer Free :O May 04 2010, 06:35 AM
At www.soEmo.co.uk we have had quite a few related sites running on the NING platform wanting to exchange links. A recent one promoted me to check out how NING was doing and I discovered some interesting news.. NING are phasing out their free service to concentrate on enhancing the features and services offered to paying Ning Creators. Network creators will have to either switch to a paid plan or leave Ning. Further research on Social Times suggest the reasoning behind this change. "After Ning's CEO Gina Bianchini left the company, she was replaced by COO Jason Rosenthal. Jason has some big plans ahead including cutting the staff by 40 percent and removing the free version of the site. The reason? While it wasn't stated, we can pretty much guarantee that Facebook Pages now owns the free community market." NING state, "We recognize that there are many active Ning Networks for teachers, small non-profits, and individuals and it's our goal to have a set of product and pricing options that will make sense for all of them." Apparently on May 4, 2010, NING will share the details of their new offering. NING was probably the best known free web community platform hosting 2.3 million social networks. As a result I'm sure many running social networks on their platform will be disappointed and decide against paying. PCWorld.com states, "It's yet the latest evidence that it's dangerous to assume that free services will be around forever, at least as free services. I wonder how many Ning networks will convert to paid services, how many will move elsewhere, and how many will just go away?" Simon Duncan, Yorkshire & Humber Regional ICT Champion, explains, "If Ning can't succeed in letting users build free social network sites, it might not be a viable business model for the other guys, either - and you might have to pack your digital bags again in another year or two." So if you have an emo scene related NING social network consider directing your members to us. You can even help out on our site if you would like to stay involved with your community members. I'm glad I have developed soEmo.co.uk myself! Lots more to improve though I know... Resources: creators.ning.com/forum/topics/ning-update-rolling-out-full www.socialtimes.com/2010/04/ning-collapses-no-longer-free/ www.pcworld.com/article/194379/ning_no_more_free_networks.html techcrunch.com/2010/04/15/nings-bubble-bursts-no-more-free-networks-cuts-40-of-staff/ yhictchampion.wordpress.com/2010/04/27/with-ning-no-longer-free-what-are-the-alternatives/

Replies

Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
May 05 2010, 02:50 PM
Soemo isn't one of these sites, is it?
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 06 2010, 11:03 AM
Nope developed by me.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
May 07 2010, 10:57 PM
Oh okay... is this the whole reason why facebook is going to start charging about $15 dollars per month?
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 10 2010, 04:25 AM
As far as I know that is complete rubbish.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
May 10 2010, 08:10 PM
oh ok thanks for the info.
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
May 13 2010, 06:46 PM
^ wonder if people would actually pay $15 to use facebook .. there are soo many facebook addicts out there
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 14 2010, 09:18 AM
I'm sure some people would!

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More