Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

And it's such a fake, this life that I've made, I'm going insane. These Issues pin me to the floor. These I Issues are my overlord. I feel so dominated, these Issues, they choke me like a noose. Issues, by Escape The Fate

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

FallenAngel1315
Scene dead? Jan 12 2011, 11:57 AM
Okay, so I was on another cite, MyYearBook, and they have a forum for scenes, and every post is about how scene kids suck and crap like that, (to me scene is just a more colorful version of emo :D) Well, what do you think, I honestly love scene/emos, I have a shit load of extensions as well as colors. But what do you think, scene dead? Scene dieing? :/ P.S I LOVE YOU ALL :D

Replies

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 04 2011, 01:19 PM
Jojo thanks for your kind comments about this site. It appears we're an intelligent bunch here and don't just bash other people unlike on some sites. This site is made by me and I live in the UK, but it certainly attracts members from all over the world especially America.
Emo Pictures - JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 04 2011, 01:42 PM
Your welcome :) Haha that's cuz in there aren't ANY American sites like this... all of them bash emo cuz they think they're all "scene" lol.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 04 2011, 01:51 PM
Plus they are run by people who don't care too much about the members from what it seems.
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 04 2011, 02:06 PM
Definitely! The people running LuvEmo.com MONITOR what the members say in discussion forums! It said that if you call it emo instead of scene too many times they'd kick you off for a month! Freaks >:( I love this site, its so... free lol
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 05 2011, 07:14 AM
There are still rules here, but we don't ban people for silly things.
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 05 2011, 03:25 PM
Well there's nothing wrong with rules, but they were taking it wayyy too far
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 06 2011, 08:33 AM
We need to prove emo and scene is still going strong. Hopefully the group meet that has been talked about will be a good thing for that.
FlamingBlackSkull
Feb 06 2011, 01:33 PM
I totally agree with everything you said, Jojo. I do think we can wear whatever color we want. (I'm just goth/emo though...) And my friend is a bit arrogant, No lies there! She's not a poser though, she knows the difference between my 'label' and her 'label.' She just likes the style and music. I like the style, music, lifestyle, and well...I've always been this way. I just sorta got called an emo kid in fifth grade and the 'label' sorta stuck. It's really more of a good way to search interesting stuff on the 'net when you type in Emo. Heck, it's how I found this site! But my friend and I don't really care what other people call us, scene and emo can be friends if they're not the wannabes trollin' on the internet, thinking they're cooler than everybody else. And you're soooo right. I know the site you're talking about, even. I tried out a lot of other American sites and this is by far the best, and it's not even American! Huzzah for the UK, I say. :D Scene is not dead, and I don't think it's dying. I hope the naive little scenesters move onto their next label, though, and the real scene kids stay behind.
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 06 2011, 05:19 PM
Lol, well ok, ok. Alright, I'm not gonna argue cuz I don't feel like getting into the reason why I feel the way I do about it. Ahh ok. Ok well I feel like throwing it out there now, because you got me thinking about it again. In my personal opinion: a true counter-culture/sub-culture whatever u want to call it, are outcasts whose style revolves around a specific type of music; their own music. To me it seems that most scene kids either revolve their style around the same thing as emo kids do, or they revolve it around some random other type. But "scene" does not have its own music genre. For emos, there's emo. For punks, there's punk. For rednecks, there's country. For gangsters, there's rap. Etc, etc. But scene? It feeds off of other counter-cultures' music. If they developed their own true genre of music, maybe I could bring myself to respect them a little bit more. But "scene" is such a broad term when it comes to comparing counter-cultures with the music world. It could go in whatever musical category that particular wants to, depending on whatever that particular "scene" kid wants. So technically, scene is not a true counter-culture, if you go by my definition. Not saying u have to believe this, but this is only my personal opinion, which I very much like to express :)
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 07 2011, 01:45 PM
^If that is your personal opinion I agree totally and it would be great if I could use some of what you've said on our What is Emo pages... I will make sure I reference you.
FlamingBlackSkull
Feb 07 2011, 01:48 PM
Personally What I identify as scene kid music is like... BOTDF and Dot Dot Curve. They do have 'create' their own music genre (granted taken from everybody else, so you're right there) it's just not called 'scene' music. I'm not trying to argue with you, btw. I'm saying I totally agree with you, and I respect your opinion. :) So yeah, you're right in every way.
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 07 2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks for listening to me guyz :) and of course, you can definitely use what I said Matt :D that would be awesome! Thanks lol

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More