Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

My life is like a video game, trying hard to beat the stage. All while I am still collecting coins. Game Over, by Falling In Reverse

Emo Forums » Feedback (Reply)

RavenEd1
Mod Team Aug 24 2011, 03:47 PM
As far as I know, Matt is in charge and other than that, we have chat mods. My idea/suggestion is that Matt appoint a "mod team" to help carry the burden of making a board run smoothly. Matt could have one person per Section (One for music, one for fashion, one for poems etc) and have them help to encourage discussion, keep flame wars down etc. This way, each section gets more personal attention and allows Matt a bit more time to work on whatever he needs to. They could also "sticky" certain threads with FAQ's, helpful links etc. Each one would have to be inclined toward their section, so they give it the proper care. For Instance, a music mod could help highlight new bands once a week or so, make suggestions to newbies etc. This would also make it easier on Matt so that his inbox does not get flooded. A person with a question could go to a specific member for that issue. Just a thought..

Replies

Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Aug 24 2011, 06:12 PM
I agree, actually it's a good idea (:
Emo Pictures - JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Aug 24 2011, 06:21 PM
As long as the mods don't get out of hand. I've seen that sort of thing go wrong on other sites before. My personal opinion is that if this happens then there should only be a small number of these mods
RavenEd1
Aug 24 2011, 09:35 PM
Of course. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians is no fun (no racism intended). We would need about six or so.
Emo Pictures - anaNmcr
anaNmcr
Aug 25 2011, 11:24 AM
I agree
RavenEd1
Aug 25 2011, 11:29 AM
It also allows for people to be more active without appearing to be a "attention whore".
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Aug 25 2011, 04:55 PM
^good point^ I sign this "petition"!
RavenEd1
Aug 25 2011, 05:03 PM
And I do not suggest that such mods have total power like Matt- mods could just have a few extra "powers" such as making threads "sticky", perhaps moving other peoples posts if they are not in the right board area. etc.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Aug 26 2011, 05:31 AM
That last one is really good, since we do have a lot of post that are in the wrong forums.
Frantiq
Aug 26 2011, 06:38 AM
I'd love to get my hands on some of the forum conversations.
RavenEd1
Aug 26 2011, 01:17 PM
And maybe once a month or so, all the mods could "meet" with Matt in chat and discuss any things that need to be sorted. perhaps new ideas that would require Matt's "blessing" as it were.
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Aug 26 2011, 03:07 PM
I'm liking this idea *signs petition*
RiRi-Rawwwrr
Aug 27 2011, 03:10 AM
I'd be up for it ^^ sounds like a good idea *signs* ^_^
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 27 2011, 02:18 PM
All great ideas thanks that I have considered. It's just finding the time to code it and in the most secure way. As you can understand it can be hard to find trusting people as well..
OnyxAngel
Aug 27 2011, 02:25 PM
Matt, I think you can always count on Jojo, Mike, Jord and Nikki. They've always been awesome people in the chatroom when I was logged on. And no one can say one mean thing about them :) Frantiq could be added in as well. He's funny xD
RavenEd1
Aug 27 2011, 02:26 PM
Of course. perhaps you could choose people you know? Or maybe a vote? Eke to this is that you would not have to give so much power to the mods, just enough to make stickys and move threads, perhaps warn members who act a fool as it were.
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Aug 27 2011, 04:12 PM
Onyx that put the biggest grin on my face :) thanks :)
RavenEd1
Aug 27 2011, 05:07 PM
With all due humility, I would not mind helping with the poetry section
MikeD_UK
Aug 28 2011, 07:49 AM
Firstly I like to thank Onyx for her comment about the moderators in the chatroom. Anyway .. you need to understand that chatroom moderators are different to the forum administrators. We can remove people from the chatroom but not the forum and at this stage only Matt can do this. Cheers for the suggestion though ;)
MonkeyButt
Aug 28 2011, 08:15 AM
Splendid idea ^-^ I <3 how you said that, btw: Too many Chiefs & not enough Indians. I have to use that someday x]. Anyway, This idea is fab. As we do get so many threads in wrong section's of the Forum. And Matt as brilliant as he is, can't handle everything since he is only human. Also he has a life outside this site & can't be on 24/7. But I don't want a mod that thinks their all that & start bitching. I agree, You can always count on JoJo, Nikki & Mike. But Karin, Janiece & Gery are very understanding & I think would make GREAT mods. Maybe we should have a poll. But that could cause jealousy...
RavenEd1
Aug 28 2011, 09:51 AM
"Anyway .. you need to understand that chatroom moderators are different to the forum administrators. We can remove people from the chatroom but not the forum and at this stage only Matt can do this. Cheers for the suggestion though ;)" I understood that from the get go. I was merely suggesting that perhaps some of them could be both...*Smiles*

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More