Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Come on, baby, Keep it down. Honey, hush your lips. Clothes trailing From the backdoor To the bedroom And I don't even know your name. Give me all you've got. Make this night worth my time, Make this worth my time (oh!) Not American advage, by Asking Alexandria

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - ImInsaneEmoGirl
ImInsaneEmoGirl
Two subcultures?? WTF?? Help me PLEASE Nov 17 2013, 04:07 PM
So I had been noticing people identifying themselves in two or more subcultures like Gothic emo. Or Emo punk. Or scene Goth. Is it even possible to be Part of several subcultures? I know what Goth emo scene and punk is, so don't lecture me with that. I want to know what you guys think. Please give me some help on this because I might consider joining another subculture too, but I don't know if your allowed to do that and I don't want any hate or people thinking I'm an idiot. PLEASE tell me if I could or couldn't.

Replies

Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Nov 17 2013, 04:23 PM
subcultures are just generic names given to objects and people . they literally mean nothing other than the fact most ie emo,punk,rave etc came from a music form. in theory many, if not every person crosses over/mixes subcultures together at some point in life and nobody should hate/get angry at you for doing so, as in life we are all individuals there really is no simpler way of putting this.. you are you you are. Be who you want to be and dress what ever way you like.
Emo Pictures - Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Nov 20 2013, 12:04 AM
^very well put subculters are just a way of putting a lable on things for outsiders to try to understand people that are different than them but face it they don't get us any more than we get them. i don't pay attention to all that jazz i educate my self so that i know but i don't fallow anyones guidelines. im me same as every one is there own person. anyone that trys to live a sertain so they can say their emo or goth...ect is trying to hard. if you worry about what music you should lisin to or what to ware so you fit in a subculture then your not getting it. its not about trying to be something its about that thing naturally comeing to you no matter what culture. imbracing your self in emo culture does not mean its wrong to do the same with other culture, how to you think those subculters were made? by mixing one culture which another.
Emo Pictures - Ghost_of_Silence
Ghost_of_Silence
Mar 15 2020, 08:34 AM
I mean there are subgenres of subgenres in music with two things you'd think wouldnt go together due to their diferences but work pretty well. So its not crazy to think there could be subcultures of subcultures that work in similar patterns. At the end of the day though no one person fits into only one box at a time... Unless they are really that cartoonishly one-dimensional.
Emo Pictures - Candyde
Candyde
Aug 01 2020, 10:18 PM
Well, I'm scemo (scene + emo) because I have emo/scene musical taste and fashion sense. It doesn't feel too weird to me that some people belong to more than just one community! ^^
DarkDream
Nov 09 2020, 10:22 PM
I just say alternative/emo myself. I'm defiantly more alternative, and defiantly not stereotypical emo. But there are emo-ish things I like though.
NostalgicFish
Apr 07 2021, 12:58 AM
These are just words. People can use whatever words they want to describe themselves, and even make up new ones if they wish. As long as it effectively communicates an idea, it works.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More