Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

it just takes some time little girl your in the middle of the ride eerythin' everythin' will be just fine everythin everythin will be alright alright The Middle, by Jimmy Eat World

Emo Forums » Emo Poetry (Reply)

XxLucidScreamingX
My Melancholic Puzzle Nov 16 2016, 03:15 PM
A blazing sun pierces my hat An inexorable heat Rivaled only by The bumpy camel I am perched upon Galumphing through the sandy Mexican desert I have dreamed of the emerald hills of Ireland Home to my flesh and blood And longed for another glimpse At the eiffel tower Looming above my forefathers A daunting memento Of blood spilt long ago I have struggled up a rocky mountain path To be rewarded with A view Of a field of flowers Swaying in the wind Like a serene field of gold I have admired the look Of a wet bright brush stroke On a blank sheet of crisp paper And adorned countless others With a medley of colorful hues Gazing up at a mangrove canopy I see the yellow eyes of an iguana Staring back at me And down into a shallow lagoon That seems to contain the many stars In our peculiar world A tidal wave of fear suffocates me As I am sped to the hospital Through hammering sleet Trembling and cowering at the thought Of what would become of me Collapsing from exhaustion I bury my face into a mass of soft, multicolored fur That calms and help me forget The now towering pile of work That has yet to be done I stand by the rejects Kicked to the curb by a cruel society Wishing to never grow up And become a robot whose only mission Is to serve our dysfunctional government I have witnessed the life of loved ones Slip away As if dry sand through my Loose Outstretched Fingers I chance a peek at a Magazine cover And no later do I see doll Once human, now flaunts Silicone and plastic And her too-perfect mouth seems to say; “Look up to me. Admire me. Be like me” As if beauty defined class Gray eyes help me lift the veil Distracting us from our dystopian world What once seemed a simple game I now see is a puzzle That has yet to be completed

Replies

No replies here yet :O

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More