Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Like birds whose wings are broken, you live without direction Perfect Weapon, by Black Veil Brides

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - em0grl
em0grl
Scene Hair Questions! Feb 04 2021, 08:54 PM
I really really want scene hair, but my parents would never allow me to get that haircut, so I'm thinking about getting a wig. However, I have a few questions, and I figured this would be the best place to ask them! :3 1) Would I be considered a poser if I didn't have scene hair for real? I really identify with scene culture and I want to be as involved as I can, but I don't want to go about it the wrong way. 2) Would it be better to buy a pre-styled wig, or would I be better off cutting and styling a regular wig myself? 3) If I'm styling it myself, what are some things I should and shouldn't do? 4) And finally, do you have any recommendations on where the best place is for good quality wigs for this kind of thing? (I'm in the UK btw) Thanks for taking your time to read this!! ^_^

Replies

Bones
Feb 04 2021, 09:10 PM
I would recommend asking if you can have layers cut into your hair. The layers can look ‘normal’ or you can back comb them to make them look more scene. This way you are not asking for a scene hair cut and it might be something you both agree on?
Bones
Feb 04 2021, 09:11 PM
But don’t back comb it like my pic else you will look like a hedgehog on steroids....
Emo Pictures - wurdalak
wurdalak
Feb 05 2021, 05:25 AM
1. Wigs have been used in the scene since I was a part of it so no, you wouldn't. It also shouldn't matter what others think as long as you enjoy it. "Poser" is a term that people use too loosely nowaways 2. Cutting and styling a wig is W O R K and if you can buy one pre styled then I'd go that route if I were you. But if you wanna take the time to learn how to do it then by all means go for it. 3. If you do decide to style it, go slow and be accurate with your cuts. Don't get frustrated and mess up the wig. Buy a good thinning razor instead if shears since it'll give you more volume. Itll also save you money since you don't need to buy thinning shears or regularly shears. 4. Honestly there's just so much out there that it's totally up to you to decide where you wanna get it from. Amazon and ebay both have good stuff even though it's a general market place. Just read reviews and go from there. Also just getting layers in your natural hair like Bones said is a way to achieve the look as well. Scene hair is either super flat and straight or teased and fluffy. I'd recommend looking up tutorials on YouTube to help you out even more. Hope that helped. I get the whole parents not letting you thing. But you can get away with some stuff that looks "normal" and still play around with it :)
Emo Pictures - x-v4mp3y3lin3r-x
x-v4mp3y3lin3r-x
Feb 05 2021, 01:52 PM
I think the chances of you finding a good prestyled wig are low. Check out the cosplay brand Arda Wigs!! The "classic" ones are heat resistant up to 420° and good for heavy styling, sounds perfect for scene hair. 😊 Oh and, wherever you get a wig– powder that bitch. Before anything. Just take baby powder or dry shampoo and DOUSE it. It'll make the synthetic fibers look less plastic-y. and a cheap disposable razor is the way I always do my hair, good layering without actually buying a haircut razor lol Make sure not to instantly cut the hair too short or it'll be unworkable. You can always take more off, you can't put length back on. (yeah i always learn that the hard way) Good luck!
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 06 2021, 06:56 PM
Sadly I can only answer the first question and it's a clear NO so just do it and experiment :)
Emo Pictures - wurdalak
wurdalak
Feb 07 2021, 07:26 AM
I too have had to rely on a disposable razor for my hair lol. But I guess if it's a one time thing then it'll be alright. But you'll get better results and better value over time just buying a $10 thinning one off of Amazon if you plan to do it frequently.
Emo Pictures - pqueen
pqueen
Feb 25 2021, 12:32 PM
I have read that using wigs causes chemical damage to the tissue, I can say that if possible, do not use a wig.
lucidam
May 09 2023, 08:58 AM
I am here to provide information
xokawar
May 17 2023, 09:26 AM

When you reach adulthood, your parents will give you your own choice.

I enjoyed playing

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More